Friday, September 16, 2011

'Contagion's' Matt Damon: Going Bald Is 'Really Liberating'

Matt DamonThe actor, who shaved for his next role in sci-fi thriller Elysium, says it's easy to take care of.

Contagion star Matt Damon doesn't mind going bald for his next movie, sci-fi thriller Elysium.

"It's really liberating," he told People.com at the premiere of NYC premiere of Contagion on Wednesday. "I get out of the shower and just run the towel over my head and I'm done."

STORY: Box Office Preview: 'Contagion' Aims to Knock 'The Help' Out of No. 1 Spot

He did have one issue: "But the only problem for me was during the summer time. I had to remember to put on sunscreen. I'm not used to that. A friend of mine who is bald told me you only make that mistake once. He was right about that," jokes Damon.

Does his wife of six years, Luciana, also like the look?

STORY: 'Contagion' Moves to Imax Screens

"Thank God she does, but you know she had to take a whole vow, for better or for worse, so she's kind of stuck with me!" Damon says.

He thinks that Jake Gyllenhaal -- who shaved his head for End of Watch -- looks better bald.

STORY: Steven Soderbergh’s 'Contagion': What the Critics Are Saying

"Wow, I try not to envy, but I have to say Jake's got a damn good-looking head," Damon says. "He sure does have a beautiful round head."

Contagion: Venice Film Review

"Normally you say, 'That's a beautiful head of hair, but that's a beautiful head he's got,' " Damon went on. "Gyllenhaal definitely gets the blue ribbon for the best bald head over me."

Damon's killer virus film his theaters Friday.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment