Saturday, May 21, 2011

Robert Benchley

Showing quotations 1 to 11 of 11 total A boy can learn a lot from a dog: obedience, loyalty, and the importance of turning around three times before lying down. Robert Benchley An ardent supporter of the hometown team should go to a game prepared to take offense, no matter what happens. Robert BenchleyAnyone can do any amount of work provided it isn't the work he is supposed to be doing at the moment. Robert Benchley As for me, except for an occasional heart attack, I feel as young as I ever did. Robert Benchley Defining and analyzing humor is a pastime of humorless people. Robert Benchley Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing. Robert Benchley Drinking makes such fools of people, and people are such fools to begin with, that it's compounding a felony. Robert Benchley I can't bring myself to say, 'Well, I guess I'll be toddling along.' It isn't that I can't toddle. It's just that I can't guess I'll toddle. Robert BenchleyIt took me fifteen years to discover that I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up because by that time I was too famous. Robert Benchley The surest way to make a monkey of a man is to quote him. Robert Benchley There are two kinds of people in the world, those who believe there are two kinds of people in the world and those who don't. Robert Benchley, Benchley's Law of Distinction

- 8 Quotations in other collections
- Search for Robert Benchley at Amazon.com

Showing quotations 1 to 11 of 11 total Browse our complete list of 3150 authors by last name:

View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment