Saturday, July 30, 2011

Celebrity Scientologists Weigh in on the Church's Real Estate Program

ScientologyFrom L-R: Nancy Cartwright, Danny Masterson, Erika ChristensenNancy Cartwright, Danny Masterson and Erika Christensen praise the Church of Scientology for its stewardship of historic Hollywood real estate.

Nancy Cartwright, co-star of The Simpsons: ''When there is an opportunity to preserve a piece of history, whether through a historic or culturally important building or its artists, I am all for it. I am very proud of the work my church puts into improving and restoring these buildings, and I am happy to be involved with it."

Danny Masterson, co-star of That '70s Show: ''I bought my current house in Hollywood because I am a big fan of architecture from the '20s, '30s and '40s. I love the fact that my church shares the same philosophy I do when it comes to historic restoration of properties."

Erika Christensen,  co-star of Parenthood: ''I grew up attending services at the Celebrity Centre in Hollywood. What the church did with the building is amazing. I was born in Seattle, and I flew up and attended the grand opening of the new Church of Scientology in Seattle last year after the renovations were completed. It was breathtaking aesthetically, and it was something I had looked forward to for a number of years. I am proud and impressed that my church is acquiring and restoring properties for our local churches."

STORY: Scientology's Hollywood Real Estate Empire

Email: Daniel.Miller@THR.com

Twitter: @DanielNMiller


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment