Sunday, July 31, 2011

'Captain America's' Chris Evans: 'I Hate This Movie'

Chris Evans He jokes his two-hour workouts were so "relentless," he'd curse himself for taking the role after each one.

Chris Evans hardly survived the four-month training for his Captain America role.

"We did two hours a day, and it was brutal. I usually like working out. Going in sucks, but walking out, you're like, 'I'm glad I did that!' This was different," he tells PopSugar.

REVIEW: Captain America

"I'd walk out and I'd be like, 'I need to vomit. I hate this trainer. I hate this movie. I want to go to sleep for a week.' It was just relentless. I've got a fast metabolism and I lose weight very quickly, so for me to get big, it was just eat a lot," he added. "Working out sucked, eating sucked more. You get to a point where you just can't even look at another piece of chicken. You're just so bloated, but you just have to keep consuming protein, so that was tricky."

Still, he doesn't regret shooting the film.

"The fact is, no matter how long a list you could create of the negatives, the positives trump it," he says. "I make movies… I wear a shield, I get paid a lot of money to run around and play make believe. I'm not in the coal mines. I'm not flipping burgers. Life is great."

He initially turned down the role because he was "apprehensive about the commitment."

"It started out as a nine-picture commitment and it dropped down to six. If all of a sudden my passion changed, if I wanted to write or direct, or leave the career — go live in the mountains, get married, have kids, lead a normal life — you can't," he explains to PopSugar. "And I guess I just wasn't 100 percent positive that my end game was to be a gigantic movie star."

"The second part was just about the lifestyle change. I can still go to a ball game and I can still go to the grocery store and lead a pretty normal life. There's a difference between dealing with [fame] sometimes, dealing with it most of the time, and dealing with it all the time. All the time is something you can't conceptualize until it happens, and once you're there, you can't turn it off. There's no rewind," he adds.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment