Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Emily Bronte

A good heart will help you to a bonny face, my lad and a bad one will turn the bonniest into something worse than ugly.
Emily Bronte

A person who has not done one half his day's work by ten o clock, runs a chance of leaving the other half undone.
Emily Bronte

Any relic of the dead is precious, if they were valued living.
Emily Bronte

Having leveled my palace, don't erect a hovel and complacently admire your own charity in giving me that for a home.
Emily Bronte

Honest people don't hide their deeds.
Emily Bronte

I am now quite cured of seeking pleasure in society, be it country or town. A sensible man ought to find sufficient company in himself.
Emily Bronte

I cannot express it: but surely you and everybody have a notion that there is, or should be, an existence of yours beyond you.
Emily Bronte

I have dreamed in my life, dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas; they have gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the color of my mind.
Emily Bronte

I see heaven's glories shine and faith shines equal.
Emily Bronte

I'll walk where my own nature would be leading: It vexes me to choose another guide.
Emily Bronte

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after.
Emily Bronte

If I could I would always work in silence and obscurity, and let my efforts be known by their results.
Emily Bronte

Love is like the wild rose-briar; Friendship like the holly-tree. The holly is dark when the rose-briar blooms, but which will bloom most constantly?
Emily Bronte

Proud people breed sad sorrows for themselves.
Emily Bronte

Terror made me cruel.
Emily Bronte

The tyrant grinds down his slaves and they don't turn against him, they crush those beneath them.
Emily Bronte

Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.
Emily Bronte


Biography
Type: Novelist
Nationality: English
Born: July 30, 1818
Died: December 19, 1848

Links
Find on Amazon: Emily Bronte


Related Authors
Aldous Huxley
Charles Dickens
Thomas Hardy
William Golding
E. M. Forster
Anthony Burgess
J. R. R. Tolkien
William Makepeace Thackeray
More English Novelist Quotes

Quote of the Day
Enjoy five great Quotes of the Day

Your Favorite Topics
Love Quotes
Life Quotes
Funny Quotes
Friendship Quotes
Wisdom Quotes
Motivational Quotes
Inspirational Quotes

Your Favorite Authors
Abraham Lincoln
Albert Einstein
Benjamin Franklin
Buddha
C. S. Lewis
Dalai Lama
John F. Kennedy
Mark Twain
Martin Luther King, Jr.
Maya Angelou
Mohandas Gandhi
Mother Teresa
Muhammad Ali
Ronald Reagan
Thomas Jefferson
Vince Lombardi
William Shakespeare
Winston Churchill
Yogi Berra


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment