Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Dorothy Parker

Read books online
at our other site:
The Literature Page Showing quotations 1 to 18 of 18 total A little bad taste is like a nice dash of paprika. Dorothy ParkerBrevity is the soul of lingerie. Dorothy ParkerI don't care what is written about me so long as it isn't true. Dorothy ParkerI might repeat to myself slowly and soothingly, a list of quotations beautiful from minds profound - if I can remember any of the damn things. Dorothy Parker I've never been a millionaire but I just know I'd be darling at it. Dorothy ParkerIf all the girls who attended the Yale prom were laid end to end, I wouldn't be a bit surprised. Dorothy ParkerIf wild my breast and sore my pride,
I bask in dreams of suicide,
If cool my heart and high my head
I think "How lucky are the dead.
Dorothy ParkerIf you want to know what God thinks of money, just look at the people he gave it to. Dorothy Parker Take care of the luxuries and the necessities will take care of themselves. Dorothy ParkerThe best way to keep children home is to make the home atmosphere pleasant--and let the air out of the tires. Dorothy Parker This is not a novel to be tossed aside lightly. It should be thrown with great force. Dorothy Parker That would be a good thing for them to cut on my tombstone: Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment. Dorothy Parker, 'But the One on the Right,' in New Yorker, 1929They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm. Dorothy Parker, 'Fair Weather,' Sunset Gun, 1928The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed) I'm never going to be famous. My name will never be writ large on the roster of Those Who Do Things. I don't do any thing. Not one single thing. I used to bite my nails, but I don't even do that any more. Dorothy Parker, Here Lies (1939), "The Little Hours"Oh, life is a glorious cycle of song,
A medley of extemporanea;
And love is a thing that can never go wrong;
And I am Marie of Romania.
Dorothy Parker, Not So Deep as a Well (1937), "Comment" Men seldom make passes
At girls who wear glasses.
Dorothy Parker, Not So Deep as a Well (1937), "News Item"She runs the gamut of emotions from A to B. Dorothy Parker, speaking of Katharine Hepburn

- 41 Quotations in other collections
- Search for Dorothy Parker at Amazon.com

Showing quotations 1 to 18 of 18 total Browse our complete list of 3141 authors by last name:

View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment